Friday, June 10, 2011

Faux Linen (my first attempt)

This was the first time I attempted the faux linen technique.  It was fun, and I like how my card turned out.  I ended up using some ruby red, which I seldom use so enjoyed that. You can find the directions and a tutorial on SCS by Beate.  I made my own dp with SU's En Francais and Bella Toille.  My sentiment is from Tim Holtz.  The sanded image was a freesia by Heritage Farms, which unfortunately is now out of business.  Try this technique.  It will help spice up your stamping life.  :>)

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving this card and I Love the ruby red. Keep using it! I'll have to try this technique.
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I'm fairly new to cardmaking, so this technique is something I've never seen. I'll have to try it. Congrats on starting your blog. I just started mine a week ago, too! It's fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete